Terms And Conditions
Please read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully consider the following details and guidelines for the CINEVARNA Short Film Competition before submitting your short film.
1. Entry is to all independent filmmakers and students; the competition is open to anyone, with an entry fee of INR 2000 per film.
2. Each film must be no longer than 180 seconds. Opening and/or closing credits are not required, but (if added) may be up to an additional 10 seconds in total.
3. All films entered must have been made specifically for the 2016 Competition. All entries must have been completed between 05th January 2016 and 06th August 2017.
4. Each film may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit multiple entries, as long as each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant.
5. The decision of the jury shall be final, unquestionable and binding on all participants.
6. SHORT-Films of any budget are welcomed to enter the Competition.
7. SHORT-Films that are promoting a product or service are not allowed.
8. All personal Information, such as name, address, Contact number, Email is collected for the purpose of administering this contest and shall not be used for other purpose without your consent.
9. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
10. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
11. The short film can be of any genre, i.e. You can submit a work that features elements of documentary, drama, horror, musical, sci-fi, etc. Entries may be live-action, animation or a combination of both.
12. Initially you can send us basic details and by Uploading between 3 and 10 still images from your Short film to our E-mail ID – email@example.com
13. The Organizers’ liability for the prize is limited to bearing the cost of travel and hotel accommodation in Bangalore. Everything else is the responsibility of the winning participant.
14. Once submitted, the entries cannot be withdrawn for any reason whatsoever.
15. The organizers reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of the Competition without any intimation to the participants at any time before or after the launch of the Competition.
Any Indian language with sub-titles in English or in English.
The prize money for the First, Second and Third best film will be Rs.1 lakh, Rs.50 thousand and Rs.25 thousand, respectively.
The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by You for any other prize.
Originality of work:
Entrants must NOT submit any other person’s material, and must be their OWN work; any entry found to be in violation of this will be disqualified immediately.
Entrants who incorporate any images, writing, music or other creative material where rights (including intellectual property rights) belong to a third party must obtain the third party’s express permission.
All copyright, moral rights and rights of personality for all content, including music and actors, must be cleared. Failure to clear these rights will result in removal of the entry from consideration in the competition.
Number of member's per team:
Entrants may take part in the competition as individuals or in teams of maximum 2 people.
1. The short film submissions must not contain material that is unlawful or otherwise in violation of applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws. The entry must not be discriminatory, harassing, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, sexual, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. The cinevarna short- film competition may in our absolute discretion exclude entries considered to be so from the competition.
Entries will be judged by the representatives from the cinevarna short-film competition and professionals from the film and media industries, who will comprise the judging panel. Judges will assess each entry against the following three criteria:-
3. Relevance to the theme
4. Quality of the video ( includes post production, special effects, voice over, background score, subtitling etc.)
The Competition judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
The organisers bring this offer on a best effort basis. The winning participant hereby confirms that it will not hold the Organisers or its employees or representatives responsible for any untoward incident he/she may endure in relation with fulfillment of this prize.
To avail the 1st three prizes, the winners:
Must possess a valid Identity Card;
***Condition Apply ***
Ensure that all content in your film (including footage, music, images, props, etc.) is your own. If you include any copyrighted content, you must be able to provide written permission for its use. Entries containing any unauthorised content will be disqualified. For more information on copyright,